225g Folded Rice Noodles 1 bunch spring onions, sliced 2 tbsp Tamarind Paste 1 tbsp Fish Sauce 2 tsp Palm Sugar 5 tbsp Pad Thai Sauce 2 tbsp vegetable oil 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped 2 medium carrots, cut into thin strips 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips 150g baby corn, halved 2 medium eggs, beaten 200g bean sprouts To garnish: 2 tbsp blanched peanuts, toasted and roughly chopped 4 tbsp freshly chopped coriander To serve: 4 lime wedges
- Cook the noodles, as per the cooking instructions on pack. Drain, then rinse under cold water.
- Whisk together the tamarind paste, fish sauce, palm sugar and noodle sauce in a bowl.
- Heat a wok over high heat, then add the oil and swirl around.
- Add the garlic, chilli and spring onions and stir fry for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add the carrots, pepper and baby corn and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Push the ingredients to the side of the wok and add the egg. Cook, stirring continuously until the egg begins to set.
- Add the bean sprouts and noodles.
- Pour over the noodle sauce mixture. Toss everything together and heat through.
- Mix in half the garnish and stir.
- Serve immediately in hot bowls with the rest of the garnish to sprinkle over the top and a lime wedge.
Add different vegetables such as broccoli florets, sliced courgettes or mange touts.
Tamarind has a superb sharp and sour flavour. Why not use this instead of lime juice for an authentic Thai taste?