150g shitake mushrooms
250g block of tofu
75ml rice vinegar
75ml Fish Sauce
1 tsp Red Chilli Paste
3 tbsp light muscovado sugar
200g Sticky Rice
2 tsp vegetable oil
25g salted peanuts, chopped
1 jar Satay Peanut Sauce
- Drain the tofu and pat dry with kitchen paper. Cut into 2cm cubes.
- Mix the rice vinegar, fish sauce, chilli paste and sugar together and place in a shallow bowl.
- Add the tofu and mushrooms and stir well until everything is coated. Leave for 15 mins to marinate.
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water.
- Meanwhile cook the sticky rice as directed on the pack.
- Thread tofu and mushrooms alternately onto wooden skewers , leaving the marinade in the dish.
- Lightly oil a griddle pan and fry the skewers for 2-3 mins on each side until golden.
- Heat the satay sauce in a small pan and add the marinade, bring to the boil and serve alongside the satay sprinkled with chopped peanuts.
Serve with Thai Taste sticky rice for a more substantial main meal for two.
Thailand is home to many, many animals. About a tenth of all of the animal species on the planet call Thailand home, and a tenth of all bird species. To put that into perspective, Thailand has more birds than Europe and America combined!