400g white fish fillets – skinned 3 tbsp of Red Curry Paste 1 egg 2 tbsp of breadcrumbs Good dash of Fish Sauce 75g fine green beans – topped, tailed and finely chopped Zest of 1 lime
- Place the fish, curry paste and egg into a food processor and blend to a thick paste.
- Tip into a mixing bowl and add the breadcrumbs, fish sauce green beans and lime zest.
- Mix thoroughly together and form into fish cakes about 2-2.5 cm thick.
- Place on a lined baking tray and cover with cling-film. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to encourage the fishcakes to hold their shape when cooking.
- Cook them for about 5 minutes on each side, over a medium heat on a barbecue or grill, or fry in plenty of oil
- NB. If you plan to barbecue, roll the fish cakes in some seasoned flour to lightly coat before chilling.
- NB: If you plan to barbecue or grill, brush them with a little vegetable oil before cooking
Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice your choice of relish. Great with our Thai Marinated Barbecued Veg!
The full spelling of Thailand's capital, Bangkok, was clearly finalised before the days of Twitter. It is known to Thais as Krung Thep Maha Nakho, but its full ceremonial name is Krungthepmahanakhon Amonrattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharatratchathaniburirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphimanawatansathit Sakkathattiyawitsanukamprasi.