200g Sticky Rice
275ml Coconut Milk}
50g Palm Sugar
3-4 ripe mangoes, peeled, halved, stones removed and sliced
- Prepare the sticky rice as per cooking instructions on pack.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix 225ml of coconut milk with the palm sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the warm cooked rice to the mixture, cover and set aside for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, simmer the rest of the coconut milk in a small pan uncovered for 10 minutes.
- To serve, place the sticky rice in the centre of a large plate, arrange mango slices and drizzle remaining coconut milk over the rice.
For an even better flavour, soak in cold, fresh water overnight, drain and rinse thoroughly prior to cooking.
In Thailand, their King is highly revered and it is illegal to step on any Thai currency. So... mind your step !