180g jasmine rice, cooked
100g green beans, chopped
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
80g pork, diced
80g chicken, diced
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
80g cooked prawns, peeled
Fresh red chillies
- Boil green beans for 2 minutes, then drain, run under cold water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or deep frying pan, add onions and garlic, then stir until softened.
- Add the chicken and pork and stir fry until cooked through.
- Push everything to the side of the wok and add the eggs.
- When they begin to set, stir in the cooked rice, sweet chilli sauce and fish sauce.
- Add the green beans and prawns, mix everything together and heat through.
Add chopped coriander and sliced red chillies to finish off the dish.
Rice is the staple food in Thailand and it is often referred to as 'khao jao', which literally means 'to eat'.