1 medium/large potato – peeled and cubed Knob of butter 1 lemongrass stalk – tough outer leaves removed and very finely chopped 2 spring onions – finely chopped 1 small red chilli – deseeded and finely chopped 2-3 tbsp Coconut milk 2 tbsp Green Curry Paste 120g shredded crab meat Pinch of Sea Salt 1 pack pre-made filo pastry Melted butter for brushing on the filo pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a small pan boil the potato until just cooked. Drain and mash with the butter until smooth.
- Add the lemongrass, spring onions and red chilli to the potato mixture and stir together.
- In a small pan heat the coconut milk and add the curry paste, mix and cook for a few minutes then add to the potato pan.
- Mix well together. Add the crab meat and combine. Season with the salt and set aside to cool a little.
- Lay out a sheet of filo pastry and brush with melted butter. Lay another sheet on top of this and brush this with more butter. Then add a 3rd sheet and brush with butter.
- Cut the sheets into 3 strips lengthways and then cut all three strips in half.
- Place a tsp of the crab mixture onto the bottom corner of one of the strips and fold the pastry over to make a triangle, fold over again and repeat until the strip is rolled up.
- Place on a baking tray and brush with more butter. Repeat this process until all the mixture is used up.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes until the parcels are golden coloured.
- Serve hot or cold with a sweet chilli dip.
As an alternative, replace the crab with any other fish or tofu.
Lemongrass adds that sweet citrus scent and intense lemon flavour that we know and love about Thai food