3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp Garlic, minced
2 tsp Shallots, finely chopped
300g fillet of pork, sliced
3 tbsp Ginger, minced
50g mushrooms, cut into pieces
1 green chilli, sliced diagonally
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1-2 tspPalm Sugar
2 spring onions, cut into strips
100g Sticky Rice
- Cook the rice, as per cooking instructions
- In the meantime, stir fry the garlic in oil until golden.
- Add the pork and shallots and stir fry until brown.
- Add the ginger, mushrooms and chilli.
- Stir in the soy sauce, palm sugar and oyster sauce.
- Allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes and then serve. Garnish with the spring onions.
- Serve with Sticky rice.
You may substitute the pork with chicken, beef, prawns or chopped vegetables.
There are about 35,000 temples in Thailand. Visiting them requires modest clothing, meaning no shorts or sleeveless shirts.