1 tbsp turmeric
3 tbsp sunflower oil
2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
½ tsp Red Chilli Paste
60g Yellow Curry Caste
1 pack Light Coconut Milk
½ jar Pea Aubergines
2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
A little sliced red chilli to garnish
- Cut the aubergines into 2 cm chunks and sprinkle with the turmeric.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and fry half the aubergine for 2-3 mins until golden.
- Set aside, wipe out the pan to remove any burnt spice, then add another 1 tbsp oil and fry the rest of the aubergine. Set aside.
- Cook the sticky rice, as per instructions on pack.
- Meanwhile, wipe out the pan and add the shallots, fry for 2-3 mins, then add the chilli paste, curry paste and the coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil, add the fried aubergines and pea aubergines. Cook 5 mins then stir in most of the kaffir lime leaves.
- Serve with sticky rice and topped with a little shredded kaffir and sliced chilli.
This dish would also work with pumpkin or butternut squash instead of aubergine. Just allow a little extra cooking time, to parboil the pumpkin in advance.
Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant which helps to detoxify the body. Our Turmeric paste is made from fresh ingredients in Thailand.