2 kg chicken wings
4 tbsp honey
4 tbsp Sriracha
4 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp grated ginger
2 tbsp sesame seeds
coriander to garnish
1 lime, cut into wedges to garnish
- Mix the honey, sriracha, soy, sesame oil and ginger together and add the chicken.
- Toss together and leave to marinate for 30 mins if you have the time.
- Heat the oven to 200c, 180c fan, gas 6.
- Place the chicken on a shallow roasting tin and cook for 15 mins, turning once.
- Turn the heat up to 220c, 200c fan, gas 7 and cook the chicken for a further 15 mins until the chicken is golden brown and the sauce is rich and sticky.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and garnish with coriander.
- Serve with lime wedges
Serve with a spicy mayo - mix 3 tbsp mayonnaise with 1½ tbsp sriracha sauce.
Showing respect for another person’s head is imperative in Thailand. The head is considered to be the most important part of the body, and so Thai culture forbids touching anyone on the head