400g sirloin steak, cut into strips
60g Massaman Curry Paste (add more for a spicier curry)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
400ml Coconut Milk
1 tsp Fish Sauce
1 tsp Palm Sugar
1-2 large potatoes, cut into chunks and parboiled
1 tin bamboo shoots, drained
1-2 tsp Thai Basil
200g Folded Rice Noodles or Sticky Rice
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add 1 tbsp of coconut milk.
- Add Massaman Curry Paste and mix until the aromas are released (3 mins).
- Add the beef, stirring to coat the meat with the paste (about 3 mins).
- Stir in the fish sauce, palm sugar, potatoes and the rest of the coconut milk and simmer until the meat and potatoes are cooked (about 15 mins). The sauce should not be too thick.
- Add the bamboo shoots and Thai Basil and continue to simmer for a further 3 mins.
- You can add chopped coriander and sliced red chillies to finish off the dish.
- Serve with Sticky Rice.
Keep for a day in the fridge after cooking, the flavour is better on day two. Make sure to reheat thoroughly before serving.
Substitute beef with chopped vegetables or duck
Our Massaman curry paste is made in Thailand using fresh ingredients and a recipe traditional to the Muslim influences of Southern Thailand