150g rice flour or plain flour 400ml Coconut Milk 1 tbsp Palm Sugar 2 eggs, beaten 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, palm sugar and coconut milk together in a jug.
- Gradually add this mixture to the flour, whisking constantly to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a frying pan and add a dash of oil to grease. Ensure pan is nice and hot, then add about 2-3 spoonful's of the batter and tilt from side to side to spread batter until it covers the base of the pan.
- Cook for about a minute until pancake is golden brown underneath, then flip over and briefly cook the other side for about 30 seconds. Transfer to a warmed plate.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all the batter is used up, re-greasing the pan with a little oil when needed.
Serve rolled up with your choice of sliced fruit, a sprinkling of grated coconut and a scoop of ice cream.
Palm sugar is good for both sweet and savoury dishes. It comes from the sap of either the coconut palm or the sugar palm tree and the colour varies from gold to light brown.