250 g Sieved Plain Flour
1 pinch Coarse sea salt
2 Halved long ways Bananas
TT palm Sugar
Condensed milk for serving
- First make the roti dough
- In a bowl mix plain flour, salt, egg and rub until resembles breadcrumbs
- Slowly start adding warm water until the mixture comes together to form a dough
- Knead dough
- Sprinkle more flour if needed
- Place in an oiled bowl and cover let rest.
- On an oiled surface, “slap” out dough onto an oiled surface
- Delicately pick up and place into a pan with oil (you can remove pieces off the edge)
- Shallow fry in oil in a flat pan
- You want to achieve a golden brown colour on the bottom surface of the roti
- Place your half bananas onto the roti
- Dot on some TT palm sugar
- Fold over roti to form a parcel
- Keep Shallow frying until the dough has cooked
- Strain on kitchen paper
- Serve with drizzled condensed milk and TT palm sugar.
Swap in different fruits for more variations!
Showing respect for another person’s head is imperative in Thailand. The head is considered to be the most important part of the body, and so Thai culture forbids touching anyone on the head