250g Rice flour + Extra
3 tsp Dried Turmeric
1 pinch coarse sea salt
Ice cold Fizzy water
A deep pan of Oil on a high heat
Thai Taste dipping sauces
Coarse sea salt
- In a bowl mix the 250g of flour, turmeric and salt.
- Pour in the cold fizzy water until you create a thin tempura batter (it should be thinner than a fish and chip shop batter and create a trail off your whisk)
- Cut your chicken into bite-sized pieces
- Coat the chicken in your extra flour.
- Set up your area so you can dip your Floured chicken into the batter and quickly into a deep pan of oil on a high heat.
- One piece at a time, move the flour into the batter then into the hot oil. Be careful as the oil is Very hot!
- Fry off each piece until the batter is crisp and the chicken is cooked (about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown)
- Once cooked drain on a paper towel
- We plated ours with a sprinkle of coarse sea salt, fresh coriander, sliced chilli and a squeeze of lime
If you have a lot of left-over batter, you can drip it off a whisk into the oil to create little crispy bites!
1/10th of the entire population of Thailand lives in Bangkok. Its diverse population makes for a great food scene.