1x pork joint – we used a 300g Pork belly joint
100ml TT fish Sauce
2x heaped tbsp TT Palm Sugar
1 lt Water
1 tbsp Salt
10-12 Long red finger chillies
100ml TT oyster Sauce
2 tsps TT Palm Sugar
1tbsp Fish Sauce
3 tbsps Oil
- create your brining liquid by adding The Fish sauce, Palm sugar, salt and water into a bowl.
- Add the pork joint to the brining liquid
- Allow the joint to sit in the liquid for a couple of hours.
- Place in the oven at 190 degrees C for 1.5 – 2 hours until fully cooked.
- Next to create the burnt Chilli Dipping sauce pierce the red finger chillies and place in an oven proof dish. Place in an oven at 180 degrees C until they have charred.
- When out of the oven allow to cool, remove the stems, and chop.
- Add to a pestle and mortar (or food processor)
- Add in the oyster sauce, palm sugar, Fish Sauce, Oil
- Mix until blended
- To serve slice pork and drizzle over the Burnt Chilli Dipping sauce and with coriander leaves.
You can create the Burnt Chilli Dipping Sauce for any occasion or just to have with snacks! We used Palm Sugar and Fish sauce in the Brining liquid to add those authentic Thai flavours directly into the pork joint
Thailand is the top orchid exporter in the world