5x Garlic cloves
1 Pinch coarse Sea salt
1 pinch white pepper
1 heaped tbsp TT palm Sugar
2 tbsp Oyster sauce
2 tbsps TT fish Sauce
1 tbsp TT Thai BBQ Sauce
500g Pork Belly Slices or thick cut bacon
Sliced Chillies and ginger for garnish
- In a pestle and mortar crush the garlic one by one, add the sea salt to use as an abrasive.
- Add the Palm sugar and oyster sauce and blend
- Add in the Fish sauce and Thai BBQ sauce and mix
- Marinade the Pork belly with the mixture and make sure it is all coated.
- This can be left over night to marinate
- Skewer the pork on bamboo sticks
- If cooking in the oven place in an oiled oven proof dish or they are ready to put on a BBQ!
- Place in the oven at 200 degrees c for 20mins or over a BBQ at a high heat until coked and sauce is sticky and caramelised.
- We served with Sliced red chillies and sliced ginger
Use Thai Taste Spicy BBQ Sauce for an instant smokey BBQ flavour!
Thai food is bursting with flavour from its colourful ingredients and coconut milk balances them all just perfectly.