1 tbsp vegetable oil
400ml tin Coconut Milk
60g Red Curry Paste (use more for a hotter curry!)
400g sirloin steak, cut into strips
1 tsp Fish Sauce
200g Folded Rice Noodles
1 tsp Palm Sugar
1 tin bamboo shoots, drained
1-2 tsp Thai Basil
200g Folded Rice Noodles or Sticky Rice
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan.
- Add red curry paste with a tsp of coconut milk and mix until the aromas are released (3 mins).
- Add the beef and stir to coat meat with the paste (about 3 mins).
- Stir in the fish sauce, palm sugar and remaining coconut milk and simmer until the meat is cooked (about 6 mins).
- Add the bamboo shoots and Thai basil and continue to simmer for a further 5 mins.
- Serve with Rice noodles or sticky rice.
Why not substitute beef with chicken, tofu, duck or chopped vegetables for an equally delicious Thai Red Curry
Our Red curry paste is made in Thailand using fresh ingredients and a traditional recipe.