200g pork mince
50g cooked peeled prawns, finely chopped
4 slices of white bread, crusts removed and cut into 4 squares
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
1 tbsp Coconut Milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp coriander leaves, roughly chopped
2 eggs, beaten
- Mix the pork, prawns, garlic, spring onions, coriander, fish sauce and half of the eggs together.
- Divide the mixture between the squares of bread, spreading right to the edges.
- In a small bowl, add the remaining egg to the coconut milk, then brush onto the pork.
- Heat the oil in a wok or deep frying pan. Add several squares at a time, pork side down and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until crisp.
- Transfer the squares to kitchen paper to drain, and then keep warm in an oven until all the toasts have been fried.
Serve warm with an assortment of Thai Taste dipping sauces.
It's customary in Thailand to share all the dishes you order with everyone at the table.