450g skinless fish fillets, cut into chunks 4 spring onions, finely sliced 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped 2 tbsp Red Curry Paste 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves 1 tbsp Palm Sugar 1 tsp Fish Sauce 1 tbsp fresh lime juice 50g fine green beans, finely sliced 1 tbsp vegetable oil 50ml Sweet Chilli Sauce or other favourite dipping sauce
- Place the fish chunks, spring onions, chilli, curry paste, coriander, palm sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and a pinch of salt in a food processor and blend until finely minced.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the sliced green beans.
- Divide the mixture into 16 pieces, roll each one into a ball and then flatten into discs.
- Transfer the fish cakes to a plate, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour to firm up.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and when very hot fry the fish cakes for about 1-2 minutes each side, until golden brown and cooked through. Lift out and drain on kitchen paper, then serve with a selection of dipping sauces
If you don't have a food processor, you can also use a pestle & mortar. Serve with shredded spring onions and a wedge of lime to finish off the dish.
Our Red (Gang Ped), Green (Gang Keow Wan) and Yellow (Gang Garee) curry pastes are vegetarian friendly. Use them to cook up a storm in the kitchen.