1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp Garlic, minced
250g beef steak, cut into strips
½ tsp Turmeric
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tsp Palm Sugar
1 red chilli, chopped
2 spring onions, chopped
1 tbsp chopped coriander
100g Sticky Rice
- Cook the rice, as per cooking instructions.
- In the meantime, stir fry the garlic in oil until golden.
- Add the beef and stir fry until it has changed colour.
- Add the turmeric and mix well.
- Stir in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, palm sugar, chilli and spring onions.
- Cook through and serve with the chopped coriander.
You may substitute the beef with chicken, pork, prawns or chopped vegetables.
Turmeric brings an earthy, pleasantly bitter flavour and golden colour to all types of dish and is said to have health benefits.