700g salmon piece, skin on
130g Tamarind Paste
3 tbsp Palm Sugar
2 tsp Lemongrass, drained
2 tsp Galangal
1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
200g Sticky Rice
- In a small bowl, mix the tamarind paste, palm sugar, lemongrass, galangal and chilli together.
- Place the salmon on greased foil, skin side down, and douse with half of the marinade. If you have time, leave to marinate for about 20 mins so the fish soaks up all of the flavours.
- Start cooking the sticky rice, as per cooking instructions.
- Cook under a preheated grill or on a barbecue for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve, using the remaining sauce as a dip on the side.
- Add chopped coriander to finish off the dish.
- Serve with Sticky Rice.
Salmon fillets also work well, simply allow one per person and follow the same recipe.
Tamarind elevates the flavours of your meal by adding that special something you can't quite put your finger on.