1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 spring onions – thinly sliced
200ml Coconut Milk
1 tbsp Green Curry Paste
1 tsp Fish Sauce
1 tsp Palm Sugar
4 baby sweetcorn – cut into quarters lengthways
1 mini pepper (or ¼ large sweet pepper) – deseeded and thinly sliced
75g large fresh (or cooked) Prawns
25g small mangetout (about 4-5 pods)
200g Sticky Rice
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the spring onions. Fry for about 30 seconds then add a tbsp of coconut milk and the curry paste.
- Cook stirring continuously for another minute and then add the rest of the coconut milk, the fish sauce and the palm sugar. Increase the heat and bring to a gentle boil/simmer whilst stirring constantly.
- Add the sweetcorn and sweet pepper, stir and reduce the heat a little if necessary, but maintain a constant simmer.
- Allow to simmer for 2 minutes and add the prawns and the mange tout. Stir and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the prawns are cooked through.
- Serve immediately with jasmine or sticky rice.
Add more curry paste and/or fresh green chillies for a hotter curry. Equally delicious served with [Rice Noodles]. Swap the prawns for 200g chicken (added in step 1) or vegetables if preferred.
Thai people prefer to eat with a fork and spoon, rather than chopsticks.