1 clove garlic – peeled
1 small piece fresh ginger – peeled and roughly chopped
1 small bird’s eye chilli – deseeded
½ tsp Palm Sugar
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp Sriracha Chilli Sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
½ tsp turmeric
Juice of ½ lime
Small handful of coriander – chopped
1 tbsp natural yogurt
200g Sticky Rice – cooked and cooled
Large handful of peanuts – roughly crushed in a pestle and mortar
Sunflower oil – enough to deep fry the rice balls
- In a food processor blend together the garlic, ginger, chilli, sugar, salt, chilli sauce, soy sauce, turmeric, lime juice and coriander.
- When you have a smooth paste add the yogurt and blend briefly to mix.
- In a suitable bowl mix together the cooked rice and the yogurt and spice paste.
- Form this mixture into about 12 small balls and roll them gently in the crushed peanuts to coat.
- Set aside on a tray and refrigerate for at least ½ hour to allow them to firm up.
- Heat the oil to about 190c and fry the rice balls until they are an even golden brown colour.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve with Thai Taste Sweet Chilli dipping sauce.
Blend ingredients without the chilli initially and remove a portion before adding, to allow for those who don't like the heat.
The Thai King's is highly revered and it is illegal to step on any Thai currency. So… mind your step!