To make the vinaigrette dressing: Juice of one fresh lime 2 tbsp rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar) 2 tbsp Palm Sugar 1 tsp Fish Sauce 1 clove garlic - minced Good pinch dried red chilli flakes Good pinch Sea Salt For the Salad: 2 nests (100g) Rice Vermicelli Noodles 1 medium Cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and sliced 1 Carrot – Peeled and coarsely grated ½ Sweet Red Pepper – deseeded and finely sliced Small handful fresh Thai basil leaves - chopped Small handful fresh coriander leaves - chopped ½ Red Onion – finely sliced
- To make the dressing:
- Mix together the vinaigrette ingredients until the sugar has dissolved and set aside.
- To make the salad:
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then turn off the heat.
- Add the rice noodles and soak until just tender (3-5mins).
- Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Put the noodles in a large bowl, add the salad ingredients and the vinaigrette and toss together to coat everything in the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Add sliced red chillies for more heat
Rice noodles are widely used in both hot and cold dishes. Highly versatile and naturally gluten free they are ideal for soups, salads and stir fry's.