For the salad:
150g unripe green papaya, shredded
50g carrot, shredded
50g roasted peanuts
8 green beans, cut into 1 inch sticks
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp dried shrimp
For the dressing:
1 tbsp Chilli Paste
1 tbsp Garlic, minced
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
200g Sticky Rice
- To make the salad:
- Using a pestle and mortar, roughly crush the dried shrimp and peanuts.
- Add green beans and lightly bruise.
- Add papaya strands and pound to soften so flavours can be easily absorbed.
- Stir in the carrots and tomatoes, pressing gently to release juices.
- To make the dressing:
- Mix the chilli paste, garlic and fish sauce together, pour over salad and toss everything together.
- Serve with Sticky Rice.
Add a thinly sliced bird's eye chilli for more heat.
You may substitute green papaya with shredded cucumber or extra carrot.
Fish sauce is widely used in Thai cooking as a salt alternative. Our vegetarian and vegan friendly version Is made from seaweed so everyone can enjoy authentic Thai flavours.