2 tbsp Red Curry Paste
1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
½ tsp Sea Salt
Squeeze of Lime Juice
200g free range skinless chicken breast
2 tsp Sunflower Oil
1 tsp Sesame Oil
½ tsp Fish Sauce
3 tsp fresh Lime juice
½ tsp Palm Sugar
½ tsp finely chopped fresh red chilli
½ tsp Thai Basil leaves shredded
1 small butternut squash – peeled and spiralized on a fine setting
Small handful Pine nuts – toasted
1 medium red chilli - deseeded and sliced
4 small tomatoes – quartered
A few fresh coriander leaves
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the curry paste, sunflower oil, sea salt and squeeze of lime juice.
- Add the chicken breasts and coat well. Cover and leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- In a small bowl mix the 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil, sesame oil, fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, finely chopped red chilli and basil leaves. Mix until the sugar has dissolved and set aside.
- On a barbeque or under a medium grill cook your chicken breast turning regularly until it is cooked through but still moist and tender.
- Place on a plate, cover and set to one side.
- In a salad bowl place your spiralized butternut squash and dress well with most of the sesame salad dressing.
- Arrange this on your serving plate and sprinkle liberally with the pine nuts and sliced chilli. Arrange the tomatoes around the plate.
- Take your warm chicken and slice it into even slices on the diagonal. Arrange these slices on the butternut squash and sprinkle with the coriander leaves.
- Dress the entire plate in the remainder of the sesame dressing and serve immediately.
Replace the spiralised butternut squash with any other spiralised vegetable of your choice.
A % of every Thai Taste purchase goes to [Duang Prateep Foundation], a charity supporting poverty stricken people and vulnerable communities in Thailand.