1 tsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
Juice of ½ lime
A few fresh coriander leaves – finely chopped
75g large fresh raw prawns
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp Green Chilli Paste
A little water or stock
100g kale – washed and chopped
1 large spring onion – evenly chopped
1 tsp Fish Sauce
1 packet prepared red and white quinoa salad with bulgar wheat
Few crushed peanuts
Freshly ground mixed peppercorns
- In a small bowl mix together the sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and fresh coriander leaves.
- Add the prawns and mix together to thoroughly coat.
- Cover and set aside in the fridge.
- Add the butter and a dash of oil to a chef’s pan and heat.
- Add the green curry paste and fry, stirring for a few moments.
- Add a splash of water or stock and tip in the kale and spring onion. Mix together thoroughly. Add your tsp of fish sauce and then cover with a tightly fitting lid and reduce the heat to low. Leave for about 5 minutes then stir in the prawns and continue to cook until the kale has softened and the prawns have turned pink and are cooked through.
- Gently warm the quinoa and bulgar wheat in a pan with a little water or stock.
- Serve the kale and prawns on a thin bed of quinoa and top with a sprinkling of peanuts and a dash of ground mixed peppercorns.
Substitute the quinoa and bulgar wheat with rice or couscous.
Thailand has 1,430 islands, among the most famous of which is Koh Phi Phi Lee – it featured in Danny Boyle’s film The Beach.